A set of online resources to help local authorities effectively and efficiently manage their information. The toolkit is regularly updated to ensure it's up-to-date with the latest best practice and legislation.
The benefits of the toolkit include:
- assisting with legislation and statutory compliance
- enabling service improvement through effective information management
- providing a resource that enables ALGIM members to upskill in the IM arena
- providing the tools to manage information effectively and efficiently
- efficient use of resources through sharing the costs of the toolkit development
- reducing the need to engage with external service providers.
The Toolkit comprises the following categories:
- Foundation Modules
- Best Practice Modules
- Tools and Technology Modules
- Self-Assessment Module
- Terms for Council
Most modules typically contain two base components:
- Methodology: how the module should be used and the methodology for development of the tool.
- Templates and Examples: generic templates and useful forms that can be used to assist with the development of the tool.
Each factsheet and module is developed, reviewed and/or updated by Working Groups consisting of representatives from local authorities. The responsibilities of the ALGIM IM Toolkit Working Group include:
- Review the content of the appropriate module to ensure it meets the business requirements of local authorities
- Provide suggestions for improvement to the ALGIM IM Project Lead
- Ensure the appropriate module of the toolkit is legislative and statutory compliant
We encourage councils to provide us with feedback and ideas on how the toolkit can be further enhanced to meet their Information management needs.
If you have any queries please email ALGIM email@example.com
Purchase the Toolkit
The Toolkit is available for a one-off payment, followed by an annual maintenance fee. The maintenance fee ensures all subscribers receive regular updates to keep the toolkit current with changes to legislation and the IM environment.
For latest pricing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or order now