Customer experience and web/digital teams are increasingly working closer together, and our third Spring Conference has been designed to recognise this.
With three days of speakers, workshops, and discussions organised by a committee of local government professionals, we have sessions for both sectors, and some that cross both.
Early bird pricing closes 2 August.
You can see the full programme here. It covers a range of topics including:
- Creating a single view of the customer
- Setting strategic priorities to get things done
- Privacy and CX
- Resilience in the workplace
- The common web platform
- Digital accessibility
- Creating CX excellence
- UX design
- And much more
We have 11 council case studies, including one from Whitsunday Regional Council in Australia, plus workshops and facilitated panels with councils from around the country.
Our line up for this year is packed with exciting, dynamic speakers:
- Russell Douglas - A dedicated and creative agency leader and a passionate cx strategist, Russell has a new outlook that will show you how to deliver unbeatable customer experience.
- Shelly Davies - A rockstar writer, trainer, and brand goddess, Shelly wants to show how to bring empathy and authenticity to your customer experience.
- Michelle Sharp - The CEO of Kilmarnock Enterprises, one of New Zealand's leading social enterprises, Michelle embarked on an award winning culture change programme within her organisation. Now she's bringing her learnings to you.
- Alicia McKay - A self-described public sector strategy enthusiast, Alicia will outline how to set and use strategic priorities to drive momentum and change in your organisation and life.
- Daimhin Warner - Director of one of New Zealand's leading privacy companies, Simply Privacy, Daimhin will cover privacy in the CX world, going digital with service delivery, and making it easier for our communities to do business with local government, while respecting privacy concerns.
- Lance Burdett - Resilience is a key topic these days, as our lives get busier, the stressors increase. As a police officer for 22 years, with 13 of those in crisis negotiation, Lance is uniquely placed to talk about how we can face down the challenges in our everyday life.
- Matthew Benson - A Senior Analyst at Deakin University in Australia, Matthew and his colleagues have been working on a new generation of digital assistant. See how it could be leveraged to deliver council services.
Two of our wonderful speakers, Shelly Davies and Lance Burdett will be arriving early to run two 3-hour workshops. Unlike other conference providers, we know the local government dollar only goes so far, so we’re only charging just enough to cover our costs - $175+gst per person.
Workshop 1: Shelly Davies will cover how clear, purposeful writing gets you wins on all fronts: save time, sound more credible, feel more confident, and maintain better relationships. Learn about how to write better in a modern local government context (spoiler alert: it’s called plain language).
- what it is (WTF is plain language? I don’t trust it)
- why it works (where’s the evidence?)
- how to use it (don’t go making me dumb things down, Shelly)
- *dry jokes and booty shaking included
Workshop 2: Lance Burdett will lead a facilitated discussion of councils sharing their customer centre design concepts and training and practices to support a safe welcoming environment. The outcome will be some guidelines for local government when reviewing/setting up service centre areas and frontline teams.
Back by popular demand our site visits will take you to a Christchurch organisation to check out how they work. While there are more to come, we have currently confirmed:
- Christchurch City Council Contact Centre
- Christchurch City Council Web and Digital team
- 111 call centre
The Award programme will be open soon – keep an eye out and start thinking of projects and people that could be nominated!
To get the best rates, we've organised some deals with nearby hotels. It's first in, first served, so make sure to get in and book as soon as possible.
Crowne Plaza Christchurch
Use this booking link
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch
Book now at this link - use the code SPRINGCON2019
Book now at this link - use the code algim
Ashford Motor Lodge
Book now at this link - use the code ALGIM2019